1. Follow this link to an article about giant stickbugs and write a one-page response (15 points).
2. Watch this video of a mimic octopus doing its thing. Then, follow this link to an article about a fish mimicking the mimic octopus. Write a one-page response to what you see. Be sure to explain what a "mimic" is and how the fish can be said to be "mimicking a mimic". Relate your response to what we have discussed in class. (15 points).
4. Read this article about the evolution of zebra stripes. Write a response explaning your thoughts on the theory of zebra evolution. Embed one quote from the article to support your reaction (10 points).
5. Read this article about a transitional species called Tiktaalik. Write a response and be sure to answer the following questions (10 points):
- What is a transitional form? What makes Tiktaalik an example of a transitional form?
- Which features of Tiktaalik are similar to those of fishes? Which features of Tiktaalik are similar to those of four-legged vertebrates?
- Tiktaalik did not live on land, yet it had many features that terrestrial vertebrates alive today have. How can we explain those features? Were they adaptations? If so what were they adaptations for?
- Breifly explain how over time Tiktaalik could have lead to humans.